Educational therapy is designed to remediate gaps in background knowledge, understanding and learning strategies to develop independent learners. The process honors the individual student’s learning needs and supports them academically, emotionally, and socially through their journey.
While educational therapy occurs during one on one sessions, the process begins by partnering with parents, teachers, and allied professionals involved in the student’s education. Background information about the student is gathered and assessments may be administered to ascertain the student’s strengths and weaknesses. This information is used to create the student’s unique learning profile and develop an action plan for their educational therapy.
- Initial phone consultation to discuss concerns
- Intake process to gather documentation
- Assessments are made to identify strengths and weaknesses
- An individualized plan of action is created and sessions commence
Services are offered in the location that is preferred by the family:
- In person at Alina’s office in Novato, California
- In person at the student’s home or school, within Marin County, California
- Online from anywhere via Zoom